How to get a Residence Permit in Spain | Orangestate

Home > > How to get a Residence Permit in Spain

How to get a Residence Permit in Spain

April 27, 2021

Many people want to come and live in Spain as ex-pats. They want to enjoy the warm, sunny weather and live amongst the beautiful, coastal scenery. With the help of Orangestate, you should quickly find a luxury apartment or villa in Málaga. If you’re from Switzerland, the EU or EEA, you’ll only need an EU registration certificate and a Spanish NIE number. However, if you are not from the EU, you must apply for a residence permit. But there is no need to worry. The process is very quick and easy.

Temporary Residency

When you invest in property in Costa del Sol, a Schengen or short-term visa will not be sufficient. It only permits you to stay in Spain for 90 or 180 days. Instead, you have the option of applying for a temporary residency permit. This allows you to live in Spain for one or two years. It even allows you to find work. You can also renew the permit when it expires.

Foto de Viajes creado por freepik –

How to Turn a Temporary Residency into a Permanent Residency

When you have lived continuously in Spain for five years, your temporary residency can become permanent. You simply submit an application for a permanent residency permit. Once it is granted, you can always live in Spain. It also enables you to apply for Spanish citizenship.

Permanent Residency

There are several options for residency if you are from outside the EU. The one you choose depends on your circumstances.

Non-Lucrative Visa

This is often chosen by retirees as it does not give you permission to work. The visa depends on you being financially independent. You need to have savings of at least 25,000 euros. In addition, you will have to belong to a private scheme for healthcare.

Picture from

Investor Visa

This is also known as the Golden Visa. It is very easy to obtain permanent residency through this visa. All you have to do is purchase property with a value of at least 500,000 euros. You should also possess 30,000 in savings and have private insurance for healthcare.

Entrepreneur Visa

A business project that is technologically advanced and valuable to the local economy can help you obtain permanent residency. Alternatively, you can become self-employed if your business plan is approved.

Work Permit

If you are a professional, skilled worker with a new job in Spain, you can apply for residency. This can happen after you have arrived in the country. However, your new salary must be above 40,000 euros. Alternative offers of work must be in positions where Spain has a shortage of skills. You can only apply for residency before you come to Spain in case your application is refused.

Student Visa

Studying at one of Spain’s universities could help you obtain a student visa. Your course must involve more than twenty hours of formal study each week. When you have graduated, your visa can easily be exchanged for a work permit.

Additional Help

Acquiring a Spanish residency permit is usually easy and uncomplicated. Investing in property in Málaga is one of the easiest and fastest ways to obtain residency. At Orangestate, we have many luxury villas and apartments that could be exactly what you need for your application. If you are retiring to Marbella or coming to work, we can help you find the perfect property for when you become a resident on Costa del Sol.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website Accept cookies More Info